The Kith and Kin series is the original Windows genealogy software, started in 1993 under Windows 3.1, and used by thousands of users in over 50 countries worldwide.
Kith and Kin Pro is a genealogy software package for storing, querying and documenting family trees. It features a unique, easy to use graphical interface and powerful data management tools which makes it ideal for large or small trees.
Uniquely, the main screen displays the data as linked rectangles representing each family. Using the mouse, you can drag and position the family rectangles within the Tree Area to form any tree layout you desire. The family rectangles can be used for fast, direct access to data. You can zoom in and out of the tree to give you an overview of the entire tree layout.
Each family tree is stored in a relational database with a capacity of over 2,000 million records and you can have as many databases as you like. The software uses the powerful SQL (Structured Query Language) and other search tools to find data in the family tree. Results from searches can be used to form custom reports or exporting to other programs.
Navigating the tree on the screen is made easier by automatically highlighting related families. You can choose all families descended from a particular root family, all families containing ancestors of the root or just families which form a direct line between two families.
The families can be grouped into layers. By choosing to display only one layer at a time, it is possible to manage large trees which would otherwise be cluttered.
For the serious family historian, you can store information about the documentation you have used in your research. Recording source documents and repositories lets you go back to re-evaluate your findings at a later date.
You can also display a customizable timeline which displays a chronological list of events associated with selected families interspersed with notable events from history.
There are many different types of reports available, including drop-line charts and textual reports. All reports can also be exported to Adobe PDF files. The program has options enabling you to produce reports in any language.
Kith and Kin Pro exports Web pages, allowing you to easily publish your family tree on the Internet. The look and feel of the Web pages are fully customisable.
The software is GEDCOM V5.5 compatible so you can easily import data from other genealogy programs. Kith and Kin Pro also exports GEDCOM files.
- Runs under Windows 98, Me, 2k, NT4, XP, Vista, Win7,8,10 (32bit and 64bit).
- Unique family tree display on screen lets you easily navigate your data.
- Source document recording. Each field in a person or family data form has a button which lets you record a source reference for that field. The reference points to a page in a source document and the document points to a repository where the document is kept.
- Export reports to Adobe PDF files which can be read by anyone with the free Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Web page production. Completely automatic - all you have to do is upload the files to your Web site. Web pages demo
- Simple searches. Type the text into the field you want to search for and click "Search".
- Search for similar sounding surnames using Metaphone and Soundex.
- SQL queries (Structured Query Language) for complex searching and producing custom list reports and text files.
- Unlimited user-defined fields in both people and families. You can choose the field type; string, date, etc.
- Almost unlimited storage. 2,100 million of any one record type in any tree.
- Full GEDCOM V5.5 implementation. Registered with the LDS for Ancestral File and TempleReady submissions.
- Multiple pictures can be associated with people, families and sources. Pictures can be included in Details reports and Web pages.
- OLE objects can be associated with people or families. This allows you to store multi-media items such as video or sounds.
- Duplicate record searching/removal assistance. If you regularly import or merge data with your existing trees, Kith and Kin Pro will help you identify, merge and remove duplicated records.
- Multiple notes for each person/family. Each note allows 30,000 characters and you can have as many notes as you want. Give each note a description to help you find it and a privacy level to let you control when it gets printed or exported.
- Data form edit fields pick lists. Right-click on, say, a "Place" field in a person or family data form and a list of the places which you have already used pops up. You just pick the one you want to get it entered into the field with no typing.
- Easily interfaces to TreeDraw, our best-selling add-on charting software.
- Runs under Windows 98,Me,2k,NT4,XP,Vista,7,8,10 (32bit and 64bit).
- Try it free! 30-day free trial.
- Registered users get Kith and Kin Birthday Alert free! Never miss a birthday again.